Monday, July 19, 2010

Thing #15

I recently read a blog "Into a new world of librarianship". It was an informative look into how librarians are changing to fit into the new age of computers. With info so easily attainable from anywhere, plus books now able to be downloaded on phones, I believe it will be hard for libraries to maintain a successful future. I think we will come to an age now where libraries will be online and librarians will be able to answer questions via library chat rooms. I hate writing these thoughts but, I fear this is where technology is taking us. With Kindle and iPad sales increasing the number of virtual books, i shutter to think that books will cease to exist 30 years from now.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thoughts. I know libraries/librarians are changing almost as fast as the new technologies that are becoming available, but I still think there will always be a place for books and the refuge that a library can be.

    ReplyDelete